Wednesday, February 13

Snow Day :)

School's closed today. So, Junior and I are both home. His room already looks like a bomb exploded in a toy store and it's only 10:30 in the morning--LOL. It's going to be a long day :)

Good news, the scan of Dad's lungs came back tumor free. The doctor still did a biopsy of the inflamed tissue, but isn't expecting anything negative. Thanks to all for the thoughts and prayers.

This is a week or so late, but how about those Giants!! Best Super Bowl Ever!!

My dad is a die hard Giants fan. I remember sitting on his lap watching games when I was little asking "Who are the good guys?" Dad's very superstitious and always wore his lucky sweater when I was a kid. When he wore it they won, no sweater they lost. Pretty simple. Since Dad was in the hospital and Mom has probably long since gotten ride of the lucky sweater, I decided to wear my lucky pink fluffy bathrobe.

You're probably wondering why it's lucky. Well, taking a page from Dad, I was wearing it for the last game of the season, Giants and Patriots, for the first three quarters I wore the bathrobe, got hot and took it off during the fourth quarter and they lost. Figured if I wore it again and left it on they would pull off the upset and they did :)

Forget the amazing throw by Eli to David Tyree, forget the defense beat the heck out of Brady, the Giants won because I was wearing my lucky, pink, fluffy bathrobe for the entire game this time.

Got to get Junior to clean that room, have a good one :)

9 comments:

Jenster said...

Glad your dad's biopsy came back negative!

Love the pink robe!

Happy Eli got the ring!!

Megan Frampton said...

I love the pink robe, too, and glad I was able to get here after all.

I was very happy about the Giants, too. And the beagle winning yesterday, for some reason. I am not a dog person, but I liked that beagle.

ReneeW said...

What good news about your dad! I got me a pink fuzzy robe too. Love it. But I missed most of the game because of a stupid rehearsal. Oh, well, I most sad about the fact I missed the half time commercials. :)

vanessa jaye said...

Yay,on your dad!

CindyS said...

Woohoo for your Dad!!

And way to wear the pink robe. You know it wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Cindys

stef said...

Hey,

Could you please get in touch with us. My name is Stefan from diyfather.com and we'd like to explore a potential

link/content exchange with your blog.

Many thanks,

Stefan

email: stefan@diyfather.com
web: www.diyfather.com

Darragha! said...

Congrats on the good news!

Darr

Bob & Muffintop said...

Hi Tara! I'm so glad you're back. I've missed the stories about Jr. and his school adventures. And the books you're reading.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad the biopsy came back clear. I hope you have better luck than me with getting your son to clean his room. My 13 year old thinks it's the worst thing in the world when i tell him to clean his room.