I started out this month with a bang, 6 books in about 10 days. In the time BC (before child) I would read at least a book a day, somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 pages a day. Which probably explains why I need reading glasses now.
So 13 books into the month I hit a wall and haven't been able to finish anything in over a week. Went to the library picked up 3 fantasy books that came highly recommended and haven't even cracked one of them. I keep trying to finish several book that I started but haven't been able to finish. I can't really explain completely why they're not working for me, and I've decided they may qualify as "It's Not You, It's Me" books. Tipping my hat to Kristie and her RTB post here are my INYIM books for January...
- Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank, since I've only read 20 pages, I'm sure this deserves another try.
- Dirty by Megan Hart, I think I reached my monthly limit of erotic stories, neither were good so that probably put me in the wrong frame of mind for this one. It's going back on the TBR pile for a later date.
- The Adventurous Bride by Miranda Jarrett, this one's going to end up a DNF, it's not really horrible, but I'm 2/3 through it and couldn't care less about the story of the characters.
- For The Love of a Pirate by Edith Layton, this one probably shouldn't be on the list, I've only read 5 pages and decided I wasn't in the mood for an historical.
- Clandestine by Julia Ross, I'm really struggling with this one I'm 150 pages into it and it's not really working for me, yet I still like JR's voice so I want to keep going.
- The Abducted Heiress by Claire Thornton, this book is the second in a series, for some reason I'm thinking I need to read the first one before trying this one, it's a convoluted mess and I must be missing something.
If I'd actually finished these books I would have reached 19 for the month. Considering I set a goal of 250 books for the year this would have been a nice start. Hopefully February will be better.