Monday, January 29

Dear Meljean,

I've decided to write to you a la Dear Author to help allay some of your anxieties over your upcoming release of Demon Angel. First I need to thank you for sending me an ARC, it was very generous of you to email the PDF, of course, I was none too subtle in desperately wanting a copy. I've finally found enough time finish reading it, and it certainly was worth the numb butt caused by sitting for long periods of time in front of my computer.

  1. Many people wont like my book. I for one loved it. It's a page turner. You've a fabulous writing style and distinct voice. And, your world building is amazing. I rarely visualize characters as I read, but everyone of yours came to vivid life.
  2. Many people will make assumptions about me and/or my values because of the books. It's a beautiful tale of Good vs Evil, and the ambiguity that falls between the two. You've created incredibly rich and interesting characters that I fell in love with from the first page--the good and just Hugh, so young and strong yet so eternally old and Lilith, dark and mischievous yet somehow she's good and vulnerable too. The tension between these two is palpable from their first meeting and builds and builds. Don't worry about those who will judge, they will 1. probably not read the book, and 2. if they read it and completely miss that ultimately good has triumphed over evil, then their just plain clueless--LOL.

There is so much more I could write, but I'd sound like a gushing fangirl, can't have that.

Now, I can't wait for the next and I've already placed my order for this one through my local bookstore, it's the first book I plan to (re)read in 2007.

Originally posted 11/13/06, but Jane's looking for it.

11 comments:

meljean brook said...

Oh my god, I'm already breaking my rules.

Thank you.

And I'm sorry about your butt.

Tara Marie said...

Meljean, Ah, rules are meant to be broken, Demon Angel is wonderful. My butt will survive, there's plenty of it--LOL.

Jenster said...

What a recommendation. *sigh* Yet another book to add to my wish list. Good thing my birthday and Christmas is coming up. I think I may institute presents for Thanksgiving, too. And maybe New Years!

Yeah. That's the ticket!

Jen

Dev said...

I'm excited to read this one also ~ I've already got it on my wishlist for January.

sybil said...

Isn't it simply amazing?

I can't wait for everyone to read it so we can all gush!

Anonymous said...

The world building is phenomenal and I loved the redemption and I loved Hugh. As I said earlier, I couldn't read another fantasy book for a week because Brook's creation kept creeping in.

And if you had an ebook reader . . . .

Tara Marie said...

Devonna, I can't imagine anyone not loving this books.

Sybil, worth a gushfest--LOL.

Jane, phenomenal world building, amazing character development and a story that works from page one. Darn, I wish I'd mentioned redemption!

Tara Marie said...

Jen, presents for Thanksgiving sounds great--LOL.

vanessa jaye said...

Wow, that's a pretty awesome, review. :-)

Megan Frampton said...

I already pre-ordered it, too! I am very excited to read it. Thanks for confirming what I'd already guessed.

Rosie said...

You all are making me crazy. I've been to Meljean's blog, read the excerpts and now all I can do is wait I guess! Sounds like she's done a phenom job.