- My son has 3 birthday parties in 8 days this month. At what age do the kids' birthday parties stop?
- This summer we finally broke down and bought the child a Nintendo DS. Guess who plays it almost as much as he does? I even have my own games.
- We're making calzones for dinner tonight, I didn't have the heart to tell my husband it would have been cheaper and easier to have them delivered from one of our local pizza places.
- Our local supermarket gets french bread from a bakery in NYC and it's really good. I put the oven on this afternoon to help the pizza dough defrost for the afore mentioned calzones (the dough is in a bag on top of the stove) and I could smell bread cooking. I'd put a loaf of the french bread in the oven last night planning to use it for dinner, didn't use it and left it there. I now have one giant, really crispy crouton.
- We had a 9:00 am soccer game today. It was 29 degrees when we got there. The child had on 4 layers of clothing, a hat and gloves. I went to Dunkin' Donuts and bought a box of Hot Chocolate for the kids--big hit.
- The child got his first pair of glasses this week. One eye is weaker than the other and he needs them for reading.
- One of the books I started was Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts. I read Visions in White earlier this year. I liked VIW but I was left not really sure I even liked the 4 women the bride series is about. After starting BOR I'm still not so sure about them.
- I pre-ordered Linda Howard's Ice this week along with a couple of other books and the new Stephen King for the hubby. Thanks to the on-line price wars I got the hardcovers for $9 and took advantage of the super saver shipping. I know the Howard is really short, but I'm a fangirl.
Have a great day, and happy reading.