Monday, November 21

Today's going to be a busy one...

First, I want to say I had a great time guest blogging on RTB, and was relieved that people commented, thanks ladies.

School day, but also "The Thanksgiving Songfest" day. I drop him off early and come back at 10:30 an hour early, considering we live a 1/2 hour from school it's not worth coming home and going back. I'll take some digital pictures and post them tonight. My kid's a huge ham. I think I'll bring a book and just wait. It'll give me an hour and a half to read, maybe that's enough time to finish Karen Robards' SuspicionSuperstition. I've been on a romantic suspense kick. I'll have to blog about it tomorrow.

After school, we're heading to a mega store (that one I love to hate) to pick up some Thanksgiving supplies and need to start cleaning the house. My husband wants to use our back porch, he thinks we need the space, now I need to find somewhere else to hide and store all the Christmas presents we've already purchased, not an easy thing considering we have a old house with next to no closets.

My Mom is driving me crazy, she's been watching too much Food network and especially too much Alton Brown. She wants me to brine the turkey for Thursday. I'll be happy if I can get everything cooked and on the table at the same time.

I've got to go or we'll be late.

Have a great day and happy reading.

5 comments:

Nicole said...

lol I am so brining my turkey this year. It's just the two of us, so I figured I want to do something different. And we love Alton in this household.

Tara Marie said...

We love Alton Brown, it's the geek thing, but I don't want to try something "new" with 16 people coming for dinner. My mom is famous for telling everyone how to entertain, but doesn't want the headache of actually doing it herself.

Nicole said...

hehe, yeah, having it just the two of us is one reason for trying something new. If it doesn't work out....we'll live.

CindyS said...

OMG! I have no idea what brining is but I thought it had something to do with fish.

Bob wants to try deep frying a turkey. No. I love turkey dinner and I'm not messing with it so we can try something new. Not at 40-60 bucks a bird! I only get turkey 3 times a year. Wow, super whine!

Also, Nicole, how in the world did you get to have only two of you for dinner? Bob would kill for this and quite frankly, so would I. I just feel bad about the left overs. Bob won't eat left-overs and I can only eat so much turkey in week!

CindyS

Tara Marie said...

Cindy, deep fried turkey is delicious. We have an outdoor fryer and love it, it cooks the turkey really fast. We usually use it during the summer, when it's cold and windy it's hard to keep the fryer up to temperature. Last year we did it for Christmas, but it took longer than normal to cook.