Okay, here goes, Jay's book meme:
- 99% of what I read is romance, it's what I like, it's what I read. If that makes me a girly girl so be it.
- I pay little or no attention to character description and rarely visualize the hero and heroine.
- I love dialogue with the exception of Catherine Coulter's overly witty converstations, I perpetually feel somehow out of the loop.
- I don't crack or crease the spines of my books if I can help it.
- I could care less abou the size of a book, paperback, trade, hardback, I read them all.
- Nothing keeps me from buying books, not even food, if I really want it I buy it--though I am getting more and more from the library, which makes my husband happy as he likes to eat.
- I rarely buy a book by it's cover.
- I've gotten to the point cover art doesn't bother me, except those really bad ebook covers--those are just creepy.
- I'd take a good medieval over any other romance sub-genre.
- I still read Nora Roberts even though her trilogies are faithful to the Nora formula--comfort read, what can I say.
- I don't read NR's alter ego, JD Robb any more, though I love Rourke, Eve was starting to annoy me.
- I don't read Jayne Ann Krentz for the same reason I read NR--formula, I can't explain it.
- Linda Howard will be an auto buy until she retires, though I'm not buying her in hardback anymore.
- I have a love/hate relationships with series, either I love them...Julia Quinn, Liz Carlyle, Eloise James or hate them...Feehan, Kenyon.
- Give me an alpha hero over a beta any day of the week.
- As long as the heroine isn't TSTL, I don't care what type of personality she is.
- I don't leave the house without a book, you never know when you'll be stuck in traffic, though I refuse to read and drive at the same time.
- I reread keepers on a regular basis.
- I usually use whatever is at hand as a bookmark, even though I have a great cat and mouse bookmark, and if I can't find anything I'll remember the last page.
- When riding in the car with my husband, I'll sit in the back seat and read so I can ignore his lousy driving (though he claims to be the world's best driver--LOL--hopefully he wont read this.)
- It took me years to give up reading the last few pages of a book first.
- I love Susan Johnson's historical footnotes.
- I love book dedications.
- I always read the "coming soon" sections.
- I read in bed with a flashlight, just like when I was a kid.
If I think about it I could probably come up with a few more, but 25 sounds like a nice round number.
Have a great day and happy reading.