Thursday, February 2

Fangirl Moment

Confession time!!!

Yesterday's RTB column almost brought out a severe fangirl reaction from me. *hanging my head in shame* The writer never gave the name of the book, but just by her description you knew it was Black Ice. She couldn't finish it because she didn't feel the hero and heroine suited each other.

All these horrible thoughts started going through my mind. Why didn't this person get it?? Isn't it obvious, they're supposed to be complete opposites... What is she ...?

Then I read Mary Stella's comment, and it said kind of what I was thinking, but in a very nice way.

Now, I agreed with what the writer was saying, I just completely disagreed with her example. I know there are plenty of people who didn't like Black Ice, and I have absolutely no problem with that.


I have no idea what came over me, I'm blaming it on PMS.

Have a good one, Tara

3 comments:

Sam said...

I have this book in my TBR pile and I love Anne Stuart so I'm not really worried about not liking the book.
When I find a mismatched couple in a fiction book it doesn't bother me if the characters are interesting and likeable, and as Mary Stella said, if the author developes the relationship it's actually a plus in my eyes.

CindyS said...

My confession is that I get a little thrill when people don't *get* Anne Stuart. In my mind, she's writing just for me ;) and you!

I was going to comment but I don't go there as often as I used to so I'm kinda like an outa town guest that would show up with children in tow.

Part of the appeal, for me anyways, is the idea that a normal woman could attract such a dangerous man. A man who would kill for her. I guess that's my fantasy. A knight in tarnished armor. I like the idea of the 'saved' hero.

Ohhh, a blog posting may follow about fantasies. Finally, I've discovered what mine is!!

CindyS

ReneeW said...

LMAO, Tara. I agree with you. How boring if all heroine's were strong. What CindyS and Mary Stella said.... yeah, exactly!