Monday, September 26

Dark Lover by J. R. Ward



Okay, this is the third time I've tried to blog about this book. I've been dumped out once and I stupidly hit back before saving it and 'recover post' only recovered the picture. Third time should be lucky--LOL.

I LOVED this book.

Picked it up on the way to my parent's house on Sunday morning and would have read it there if I thought I could have gotten away with it. Started reading after Junior went to bed, read for a couple of hours, woke up in the middle of the night read for another hour and finally finished it before I took Junior to school this morning. We were almost late.

I blogged about vampire romance not being scary enough, this isn't really scary, but it is suspenseful and incredibly hot. I had originally passed on this book because I can't stand hero's with names like "Wrath".

This book lives up to the hype, I'm looking forward to the next one, it's out next March. I'm sure I'll be able to find something to read between now and then--LOL.

5 comments:

Angela James said...

Yayyy! I'm so glad I didn't steer you wrong. Whew! *wiping sweat from brow* I can sleep easy tonight ;)

ReneeW said...

OK, between you and Angie and Sybil, I realize I have to get this book. And this is SO not like me. I have only read 4 other books with vampires. I don't like scary but dark is good. There is a fine line where dark crosses over into scary and I don't want to go there. I'm a wimp!

CindyS said...

Yeah, I have this in my TBR pile!

CindyS

sybil said...

YAY! I am so glad you liked it. Really I think it gives a interesting new twist on vamps. And the names so don't bother me any more ;)

erika said...

I'm reading it and so far it's good. DL might possibly be a keeper. Its better than kenyons series. And Sybil's right, the Vamps names become less and less annoying as one reads on.