Wednesday, March 23

One busy day and one HOT book

Tuesdays and Thursdays are always busy days--my son goes to nursery school and we pick up another little boy who's mom recently had another baby (3 in 3 years--God bless her). While the boys are in school, I head to the store for Easter basket and egg hunt stuff. Stop for gas, $2.14 a gallon--ouch. I get back to school with 1/2 an hour to spare, hoping to get in some reading, but a bunch of the parents are early and I end up talking instead of reading. I'd rather be anti-social and read, but I was good. I needed an extra set of hands--2 Easter baskets, 2 colored eggs, 2 sets of rabbit ears and 2 coats--I don't know how parents of twins do it--lol. So, it's back to our house for a couple of hours of play and we then head out to bring Michael home. But of course, we stop at the UBS on the way home. Picked up 5 more books for my growing TBR pile.

By the time we get home, cook dinner and clean up it's bed time for Junior. It was 8:00 before I had a chance to sit down and read, but gee whiz, what I book I read.

Emma Holly's Beyond Seduction was one of the books I picked up at the UBS. I've read a couple of her historical romanticas (I consider them romantica and not erotica because 1. they actually have a plot and 2. the h/h don't have sex with other people after they've "gotten together"). It was surprisingly entertaining, but I always like books with artist hero's--they're always very creative *wink*. The plot was a little thin, but at least there was a plot, and it had a storyline that moved along. I'm not a huge fan of romantica or erotica, there usually isn't enough story or if there is a story, it's usually way over the top. But I guess if you like these genres, you're reading for the fantasy and not the realism.

2 comments:

Bob & Muffintop said...

I've one of her historical romanticas in my TBR somewhere, I really need to move it up (or at least find it, lol).

On another note- 3 babies in 3 years. I'm tired just typing that. I'd be tired after after 2 in 2.

Or maybe I'm getting old? & grouchy?!

Tara Marie said...

I've read a couple of her eroticas--and they actually have a plot (really thin, but it's there--lol), but I'm not into the multi partner thing.

The baby thing--right after I had my son I wanted another right away, God knew what he was doing, because I know I'm too old and grouchy.