My DNF from last month:
Moon's Web--Adam & Camp--Not Worth My Time Let It Be Love--Victoria Alexander--Okay The Outrageous Debutante--Anne O'Brien--Okay Puritan Bride--Anne O'Brien--Okay
- Deep Freeze--Lisa Jackson--Saving for this months TBR Challenge
Lola Carlyle Reveals All--Rachel Gibson--Okay The Burning--Susan Squire--Good Playing For Keeps--Karen Templton--Okay Lord of Sin--Madeline Hunter--Okay His Wicked Kiss--Gaelen Foley--Good
Quick little reviews of each:
- Moon's Web--Adam & Camp--I'm picky when it comes to paranormals, and this book didn't work for me, I found myself skimming most of it.
- Let It Be Love--Victoria Alexander--very interchangeable with much of the Regency period romances out there, didn't stand out.
- The Outrageous Debutante--Anne O'Brien--I like a nice mix of dialogue to description, we spent way to much time hearing what was in the character's heads rather than what came out of their mouths.
- Puritan Bride--Anne O'Brien--See The Outrageous Debutante
- Deep Freeze--Lisa Jackson--still reading
- Lola Carlyle Reveals All--Rachel Gibson--I expect better from Gibson books, which is probably unfair, but this just wasn't as good as most.
- The Burning--Susan Squire--This for me was two different books, that's probably why, I thought it was good, the first half was probably a C-/D+, way too many flashbacks of the hero, being sexually trained to control his power, only the sexual training seemed more like sexual torture. The second part of the was closer to a B+, faster moving and more interesting. The heroine comes into her own and becomes stronger as the second half of the book progresses. If I had finished when I started it, instead of waiting a month to read the second half, I probably wouldn't have liked it as much as memories of the first part would have overshadowed the rest of the book.
- Playing For Keeps--Karen Templton--I normally like sports hero books, but this was just okay, the hero is angry about his childhood, through most of the book, his mother turns out to be a reformed alcoholic who abandoned him and went on to recover and have another family never including him--an ugly situation not really resolved.
- Lord of Sin--Madeline Hunter--doesn't compare to Lady of Sin or her medievals.
- His Wicked Kiss--Gaelen Foley--click on review
That's it for now, I'll be updating my sidebar with all this and making a few other changes to the template.
Have a great day, and happy reading.