I decided to order all my new books through my local UBS/indie bookseller. I've felt guilty shopping at WalMart and B&N when I know she could use the business. My only defense is I have to wait a little longer for the books from her as she doesn't get them until after the publisher release date, not much of a defense.
For years I ordered from them as it was convenient when I worked. I'd read RT and make a list, I learned long ago not to trust the actual star count, but the synopses are usually very good. So, yesterday while Junior was in school, I made my list...
- Love is in the Heir -- Kathryn Caskie, I haven't loved this series, but I've really liked it, I think this may be the last, hopefully it's worth getting new.
- She's No Princess -- Laura Lee Guhrke, one of my biggest reading fears is she is slowly being homogenized by Avon.
- The Hazard's of Hunting a Duke -- Julia London, no idea why this one seems interesting, I've disliked just about everything she's written in the last few years, but I really hope this one moves back towards her early books.
- Sinful Pleasures -- Mary Reed McCall, enjoyed the first book in this series, Beyond Temptation, and good medievals are few and far between.
- In Enemy Hands -- Michelle Perry, this got a nice review over on Paperback Reader, I thought I'd give it a try.
- Vanquised -- Hope Tarr, Wendy mentioned this back in March, and when I saw the ad (technically, I don't think it's out until July) I decided to order it.
- Squeeze Play -- Kate Angell, what can I say, I'm a sucker for a baseball book.
- The Turning -- Jennifer Armintrout, I really liked the synopsis, hopefully it's a good one.
- Dark Need -- Lynn Viehl, you either love this series or hate it, technically, I wouldn't really call it romance, but an interesting romance/horror hybrid. Good vs. Evil and yet, you never know who is good and who is evil, you kind of think you know and then, well, it's interesting. And for die hard romance readers the HEAs sometimes seem somewhat vague.
- Cover of Night -- Linda Howard, well duh, considering I'm on a LH binge.
When Good Things Happen to Bad Boys was on the list, but she already had it in stock, so I picked it up yesterday when I dropped off the order list. I've read two of the three stories, you can probably guess which one I haven't read yet, hehehe. I'm actually going to finish all three stories and write something about the whole thing later this week.
Have a good one, and happy reading.