Yesterday morning I took a look at my side of our bedroom and decided it was a disaster, it didn't really look bad, but there were piles of books not only in my night stand, but also in baskets next to the bed.
So after a couple of hours of organizing and cleaning up I found a permanent home for my TBR pile in my night stand/bookcase.
So out of this little corner of our room I found:
- 75 books to give to my sister
- 2 dozen "keepers" that I re-read on a fairly regular basis, 10 were Linda Howard books.
- I discovered I had duplicates of 4 Eloisa James' books, because I couldn't find my copies and bought new ones.
- Book covers (protectors)--3 for MMPB and 2 for TPB
- 10 pieces of jewelry that I've gotten as gifts in the last 2 years still in their boxes never worn.
- 6 Pennypress Puzzle books, 3 mechanical pencils, 2 pens and a handful of Romantic Times Magazines all but one were 3 years old or older.
- An ARC of Laura Van Wormer's The Last Lover that I never read
Now, my TBR pile has a lovely home, the books are in alphabetical order and are nicely organized.
I had these night stand/bookcases specially built for us, they can hold up to 300 paperbacks and/or video tapes (hubby loves to tape old movies, sporting events etc.) Please note I'm not showing a picture of my husbands because it literally has close to 300 video tapes in it and looks like one big black hole.
I wonder how long it's going to look this good. I should have taken a before and after picture--LOL, next time.
Have a good one.