Wednesday, July 20

Reading Binge Slowing

It's been hot and I've not been reading much.

I did get Mary Balogh's Dancing with Clara read Monday night--a traditional regency that was good, but "Freddie" really pissed me off in the end. I like "marriage of convenience" plots and of course, Mary Balogh does it great, I can accept a cheating husband as part of the story when he's not truly committed to the relationship--it is a marriage of convenience after all. But, I don't want to hear the hero say "I'm not sure I can change..." after he's "fallen in love" with the heroine, I expect commitment and monogamy. He would have been added to my gallery of favorite bad boys, if he'd actually changed and promised real commitment.

I'm about a third of the way through Bad to the Bone by Debra Dixon, it's copyright is 1996 and I'm sure I've read it when it was new (the prologue and beginning of the books seem very familiar) but my memory is shot, I don't remember the ending, well the ending is a given, but I don't remember how they get to their HEA, so I'm enjoying it again.

Yesterday, in the mail I got BTTB, What Do You Say to a Naked Elf? by Cheryl Sterling and Passion's Springtime by Lauren Wilde. I'm going to probably read them in this order unless some of the books I ordered at the UBS come in, then these go back to the TBR pile.

Kristie has promised to send me Susan Carroll's The Midnight Bride. I can't say how long I've waited for this book to be released in mass paperback. I was getting ready to order the darned thing new when she offered it for trade. Why I didn't get it in hard cover when it was released? I don't know, I've got the other 2 in the series in HC already. Thanks to Kristie I've been doing a very happy dance.

We've got a pool play date at someone elses house today, so I've got to go shave me legs.

Have a great day and happy reading.

No comments: