- Brenda Joyce has a new book coming out, The Masquerade. It's a "secret baby" story set in Regency England. I'm not really sure I buy into this, but I may have to get it just to see if it works.
- Unmasked by Virginia Henley has a "strong willed and highly determined" heroine, does anyone else think this is synonymous with "fiesty" and probably TSTL??
- Some Like it Wicked by Deborah Raleigh is described as a "delightful regency romp", but the hero's nickname is "Hellion". Please, am I the only person this drives crazy?? I hate nicknames like this. I have no idea if they are historically correct and to be honest, I'm not sure I care. I stopped reading Stephanie Laurens because of the stupid nicknames, well and the fact the books got boring.
Joan Wolf's To The Castle was given 3 stars and that is probably the right on target, I blogged about this a couple of weeks ago.
Books that look interesting:
- A Ladies Guide to Rakes -- Kathryn Caskie, I've read her other two both were good, I like her writing style. I know, I know, it's a regency...
- Reckless -- Shannon Drake, it's partially set in Egypt, which I love, but I've not liked her "Victorian" period books, and the synopsis didn't really appeal, but it's set in Egypt. Did I mention it's set in Egypt??
- After Midnight -- Theresa Medeiros, a vampire historical.
- Into Temptation -- Penny Vincenzo, a historical fiction set post WW II.
- Out of the Night -- Robin T Popp, how about this, it's a "chupacabra" story, that's one I didn't think could be done, but I thinks it's mixed with a vampire story which makes it rather curious.
Three authors I've not read, but think I may try:
- Karin Gillespie -- TheBottom Dollar Girls series.
- Sophia Kinsella -- The Undomestic Goddess
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbro --The Saint-Germain novels.
And there was one "Historical Erotic Romance" that caught my eye--literally, I liked the cover in the ad for the publisher (which I can't remember). A Week of Pleasure by Christie Kelley. It got a good review and had an interesting synopsis. It's an ebook, since I don't have a hand held device, I'd have to read it on the computer, I'm not so sure I want to do that. I'll see if I can load a picture of the cover later.
That's it for now.
Have a great day and happy reading.