My sister and her husband came over for dinner last night, while my BIL was here we put him to work cleaning our boiler, and if you call it a furnace, my sister will correct you and explain why it's a boiler and not a furnace. As if I actually care, but it is great having a plumber in the family.
Sorry, I'm getting side tracked, so they come for dinner and my sister tells me to make sure I have books ready for her, she's bringing books for me. Yeah, I'm getting new books for my TBR pile, right? Wrong, she's returning my books, out of the 2 shopping bags she gave me all but 2 were mine. So I've added Vicki Lewis Thompson's The Nerd Who Loved Me and Elizabeth Thornton's Shady Lady to my TBR pile. I'm not even sure I want to read the Thompson, but it'll find a home with the rest of my TBR pile until I decide to purge them.
I started reading Minda Webber's The Reluctant Miss Van Helsing. I'm 14 pages into it and Ms. Webber has my head swimming.
- Her grandfather Colonel Ebenezer Van Helsing is responsible for "slaying the infamous Nosferatn, Lugosi, Lee and Langella."
- Ebenezer's favorite expression is "Humbug."
- The costume Miss Van Helsing is wearing to the first scene's costume ball is Cleopatra "tailored by Miss Elizabeth Burton."
- Miss Van Helsing's best friend is Clair Frankenstein, who happens to be married to a werewolf she calls Harry.
- Clair Frankenstein has been escorted to the costume ball by her cousin "Frederick" who was created by her Uncle Victor. He doesn't need a costume as he is the original Frankenstein monster though he is rather sweet.
I'm not sure I'm going to keep up with all this--LOL. But, I'm going to give it a try.
Have a good one and happy reading.