The last week or so's small stuff:
- Okay, this isn't a small thing, my mom had an ER visit last weekend because she thought she was having a heart attack. Everything's fine, but she needed her medication adjusted.
- While I was on the phone talking to my sister about her taking my mom to the ER, my husband takes a fall outside while cleaning up after an ice storm. Bruised ribs. And, at this point, a week and a half later I'm sure he's milking it, but I'm still being sympathetic just in case. He's a bit of a hypochondriac.
- We had a leak in our kitchen sink's drain pipe, apparently it's been going on for a while.
- I forgot to put my husband's lawn mower away after I let my BIL into the basement to fix the leak. It sat out through last week's ice storm. My husband wasn't a happy camper.
- Our neighbor lost one of their trees to the ice storm landed in their pool, which may not be a bad thing since they haven't opened it in a couple of years and last summer bull frogs took up residence.
- My son's Tae Kwon Do instructor skipped town. I'm relieved we only paid through the end of December and had planned to pay for Jan-March when we went back after vacation. Some people had paid for a year in advance. The entire place is cleaned out. Now we have to find a new instructor.
- I can't get into the library systems program to order books on-line.
- Last night my son's Thomas the Tank Engine alarm clock went off with a huge "BRNNGGG" at 3:00 this morning. I can't imagine who turned that on.
- The Weather Channel said we would have 1 inch of snow when we got up this morning and would get another inch before the storm turned to rain. Well, we had 6 inches of snow when we got up and another 2 fell before it changed to rain. Of course, I had to do most of the shoveling since my husbands ribs hurt-ack, right. I shouldn't complain I used the snow blower for the end of the driveway.
- My son had a complete temper tantrum when I told him "No, you can't use the snow blower."
In the grand scheme of live none of this is all that important. Now, that I've bored you with my small trials and tribulations, I promise to get back to blogging about books tomorrow.
Have a good one.