Saturday, October 28

Five Truth Meme... and a few other things

Well, I've now been tagged twice (thanks Kristie and Amanda) so I guess I actually have to do this.

1. I love being home. Somehow my days seem even busier than when I worked full time. A full day of errands and taxi-ing Junior around is still better than running someone elses office and balancing checkbooks.

2. I'm a dyed in the wool independent moderate. One of the two things I don't blog about. On somethings I'm liberal and others I'm conservative and in recent years I fall more and more right smack in the middle and wonder why everything must be all or nothing--is it possible to compromise and actually get something done?

3. I take great comfort in my faith. The other thing I rarely blog about. I might talk about going to church or my son's school, but I don't really talk about my faith. It's just part of me. I like going to church, when Junior can actually sit still long enough so I can hear what the priest is saying-LOL. I pray every day and find myself saying "Hail Marys" throughout the day.

4. I hate ironing. I have friends who do this to relax, I don't get it--LOL. I don't even own an ironing board, I have a big fancy cordless Oreck iron that I've never used, came free with my vacuums. I've 9 years of ironing white uniform shirts--yikes.

5. I'm a perpetual optimist, which some people find surprising because of how sarcastic I am. Don't get me wrong, I'm not "Little Miss Mary Sunshine" all the time, I see lifes negatives; yet for me lifes little glass always seems at least half full. I'm thankful for what I have and rarely feel envious of what others have. And, I smile a lot. Even when I'm working bingo and everyone is grumpy around me, I'm thinking I hope I live long enough to be a cranky old woman.

Glad that's done, I have no idea who hasn't done it, so feel free to pick it up and run with it.

My son's turning into a little social butterfly. If he doesn't have homework he expects to have playdates and becomes incredibly annoyed when this doesn't work out for him. He has a Halloween party to go to tonight, another one at the school tomorrow (Trunk or Treat) and is Trick or Treating this year with his best friend. I'm thankful I get along well with his mom, we see each other a lot.

His soccer game for today was cancelled because of rain, I'm rather thankful for that as it was scheduled for 8:00 and yesterday it was 25 degrees when we left for school.

Tuesday I volunteered to help out at his class Halloween party before I remembered I had bingo too. I'm dropping him off at 8:20, and then I'm back there from 9:00 - 4:00. Then have to come home and cook--I don't think so, Chinese on Halloween sound great doesn't it? Trick or Treating goes from 6:00-8:00.

I haven't read a book in about a week and I'm not obsessing over this, just keeping busy doing other things and when the urge strikes I'll pick one up. I did buy The Poison Study the other day (at least I think that's the title--LOL) and think I'll probably start it today. It's going to be stormy so curling up on the couch with a new book sounds good. I feel a little like Cindy, my sleeping schedule has been screwed up--I've been falling asleep by 8:30 at night and that's right smack in the middle of my normal reading time.

I still haven't even looked at setting up polls, but promise to have the Alpha Scale Poll up and running as soon as I can.

Have a good one and happy reading.

10 comments:

Jenster said...

1 - I hear ya! Sometimes I think I'd like to get a part time job, but I don't know what I'd do.

2 - ME TOO! I agree with absolutely everything you said. I hate the polarization of politics. I still maintain that the majority of the country is neither right nor left.

3 - Another me too. (Except for the Hail Marys since I'm not Catholic - lol)

4 - I don't actually mind ironing, though I don't keep up with it like I should.

5 - I think sarcasm and optimism actually go together. That's how I see it, anyway.

Chinese on Halloween?? Isn't that a great American tradition??

Jen


4 -

CindyS said...

Heck, I don't even have a child and I don't want to work - staying home is the best and I know I'm blessed in having a husband who's A-okay with it.

2 & 3 are definitely me toos although I think I am becoming more liberal as I get older. My Mom is a lapsed Catholic and didn't raise us in any church but praying daily, you betcha. Half the time he hears from me a lot more than just once a day ;)

Finally!! Wait. So do you iron? I don't iron. Anything. Ever. I used to but my back would start to hurt and for the most part, I wasn't good at it. I had people ask me if I remember to turn the iron on. Ha, ha. I learned about starch way too late and now, Bob and I are the crinkle couple ;)

I'm ordering in Chinese tonight!!

Oh, and I'm starting to worry I'm an infection. Maybe I'm the 'dark side' of the sleep cycle.

Cindy

Kristie (J) said...

It's nice when what you want to do meshes with what you are doing isn't it. Sounds like you keep yourself real busy!
And to me that's what faith is. It's not really saying or doing, it's just living.
And I've been an optimist too. It's been shakey lately but I know I'll get it back again.

Anonymous said...

hey! you bought poison study too! so i did i this week tues and i must msut read that . there pt2 out in hc now too . there the witch and warrior sequel to doppleganger . both pub. by luna.marie brennan the author . mm poison study by maria v snyder - ah it is magic study for the sequel to poison mmmm.

did bought like 9 books for 1 dollor each brand new like book . got some of those way before medival books by helen kinkman mmmm. not really my thing but they sounded very historically interesting and one is about woman bought herself a slave !
happy halloween to you and everyone , here it really very cold cold .mamx
ps i wanna read nora roberts first book on witches hehheh. i dont read her stuff at all. but witches and other magic thing horray!

Tara Marie said...

Jen, 1. It's like not knowing what you want to do when you grow up--LOL. 2. ...the majority of the country is neither right nor left. That's what's so annoying about politics. 3. The Hail Marys are definitely a Catholic thing--LOL. But I find them strangely comforting. 4. The only things I iron are uniform shirts, the pants come out of the dryer perfect. 5. You may be right about sarcasm and optimism, it's like we get our frustrations out real quick and move on.

Cindy, I only iron uniform shirts and occasionally when we're going out formal, but usually I send that stuff to the cleaners. I'm lucky my husband works in a field that dresses work casual, besides he can't get too dressed up to visit job sites. Chinese is a staple in our house--LOL.

Kristie, I think in the back of my mind I keep myself busy so I don't feel guilty about not working *grin*. Faith = Living perfect. I know your an optimist too, it'll come back eventually, time and healing.

Sam said...

I haven't had time to read in AGES. *sigh* There are Not anough hours in a day.
1.I love being home too -but I struggle to get everything done. I can't write if the housework isn't finished, and sometimes I wonder if I should stop being so anal about that.
2.I'm dead in the middle too - but I tend to lean further left than right nowadays - I feel like I'm trying to balance it out, lol.
3. I'm a complete agnostic - I believe in God but not in religion. I pray All the time and keep a rosery in my purse, but I don't consider myself Catholic anymore. (I went to Catholic school and was a Sunday school teacher, but the Catholic church has disappointed me too much in regards to women's rights. Sigh.)
4.I don't iron period. LOL. I'm dyslexic and believe it or not, that makes it impossible for me to fold stuff. Weird but true fact about me.

Rosie said...

I don't like wrinkles, so I still iron occasionally. Fortunately we have an awesome drycleaners very reasonably priced and I get my husband's work shirts done there.

I stopped going to church about 5 years ago. It was one of the hardest choices to keep when my Mom was sick because she worked hard to keep all of us in church.

I sort of gasped when Sam mentioned carrying her rosary in her purse though, because I still do that. There is alot of comfort in the rote recital of the prayers we learn. The rosary is a beautiful meditative prayer.

Nicole said...

People actually iron for relaxation??? What's wrong with them. lol. That's just crazy talk. ahah.

Bob & Muffintop said...

1. Me too!

2. Compromise?! Are you kidding?! No wonder nothing worthwhile ever gets done anywhere.

3&4. I agree completely. Ironing to relaz? Are you serious??

5. I'm a cynic I guess. Always suspicious of motives. I prefer to think I'm realistic.

Kyahgirl said...

Happy Halloween.

I hear ya on the ironing. I work very hard to time my laundry so I can dry and fold and never need to iron! I'd rather clean toilets. :-)