Thursday, October 12

Just a few things...

Just a few things before we start a busy day. Junior's off, all Catholic schools are closed in the archdiocese, but it's not a "Holy Day of Obligation." We're meeting one of my SILs for a little shopping, the kids need some winter gear.
  1. If I seem to be gone for a few days, I'm working on a new blog template. I'm getting a little tired of my "serene girl." She's very pretty, but it's a little too serene for my taste. I'm more into upbeat and cheery. I've found a site that I like with linkware, so I have to actually design the blog myself and I'm not really sure I can do this, but what the heck I'm giving it the old college try.
  2. I'm currently reading I'm Not In The Mood For Love by Rachel Gibson. It's not her best book. I'm starting to think that once an author writes a good book or better we have much higher expectations. Perhaps we think that each book should get better. I don't particularly like the "Sex in the City" like characters. SITC's been done, I'm not all that interested in Idaho's version. I've got another 100 pages to go, at this point I'm not that impressed.
  3. I was shocked by yesterdays news about Yankee's pitcher Corey Lidle. Thoughts and prayers are with his family.
  4. Wendy, congrats to your Tigers, up 2-0 *grin*.

That's all that's fits to print, at least for today, have a good one and happy reading.

10 comments:

Dev said...

Tara Marie ~ I'm reading I'm In No Mood for Love also. It seems that Gibson is focused more on the individual careers of Sebastian and Clare versus the story of bringining these 2 characters together. I'm 120 pages into it and I love the scenes when Sebastian and Clare are actually together ~ but unfortunately, there hasn't been much of that.

Wendy said...

Thank you, thank you! Quite a turn around. Getting sweep by the Royals to winning 5 in a row during the post season.

And the Cory Lidle news is so sad - and a bit bizarre. He played for so many teams, I imagine the shock waves are going to last a while.....

CindyS said...

I'm clueless when it comes to flight plans but why are any planes flying around New York city? I should look at our major cities but I've never really seen small aircraft like that over the cities. I mean, maybe up really, really high but I think they aren't really allowed to fly over the city proper.

Very sad but I must say I was relieved to hear that no one in the building was hurt.

As for a college try on changing the template? Try giving it a doctorate try ;) I still play around on my test blog but I have so many questions and no clue where to go for the answers. Okay, I just want the answer without the 4 page explanation ;)

Cindy

Tara Marie said...

Devonna I'm further along than you and still feeling that way, not her best work.

Wendy, I watched part of the game last night, your Tigers look good. I think I heard somewhere that Lidle played for 7 or 8 different teams.

Cindy, small plans are allowed to travel through New York City's air space at lower altitudes to avoid commercial traffic and to tour the landmarks, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Central Park, not that I think it's a good idea, maybe they'll do something about that, well, whoever they are.

I'm still searching out downloads, I haven't found exactly what I'm looking for yet.

Jenster said...

Looking forward to whatever it is you come up with. :o)

Jen

Kristie (J) said...

Cory Liddle played for the Jays for a year too. That was just awful hearing what happened to him.

I keep buying Gibson - even though most of them aren't really great. But I keep hoping each one will be a great one - like See Jane Score.

Brandy said...

I read I'm Not in the Mood For Love when it came out. I finished it, that's about all I can say about it. I've enjoyed her earlier works more.

Brandy said...

Ih, sorry, just wanted to say I normally lurk, but felt I had to comment on the book because your comments were so similar to my feeling of the book.

Sam said...

I love Rachel Gibson's books - will have to get some another one when I get back to NY. I haven't read this one yet - for some reason when I read the blurb I didn't think it looked like her best and I got another one.

I'm totally hooked on Seduko too.
*sigh*
It helps me get to sleep at night, lol.

Tara Marie said...

Jen, thanks

Kristie, I'm kind of hit or miss with her books, and it's either I really like them or meh.

Brandy, I'm glad you de-lurked, comment as often as you like. I've kind of given up. Skimmed 100 pages and read the end.

Sam, Like I told Kristie, I'm very hit or miss with Gibson. This one was a miss.