Wednesday, October 18

Working from home...

For a while my husband has been telling me to come up with something I could do from home. I like being home, my son's schedule is somewhat chaotic and to be perfectly honest I really don't want to work for someone else.

So, last week we had a playdate with a little boy who goes to school with Junior and lives right around the corner. His mom told me she was starting a specialty cake business from home. She makes beautiful children's birthday cakes. Thinking about this got my brain in gear and I came up with an idea.

Party Favors. Over the years I've done birthday, shower, holiday themed favors for all my own parties. This got my now stimulated brain working even more. My sister makes fabulous cookies and candy. My SIL does meticulous molded chocolates. I also bake and do the candy thing, and have experience in packaging and advertising.

They're both in. Turns out they've both been thinking about something similar, but wasn't sure about doing it themselves and actually getting started. I'm hoping we can brainstorm this weekend and have things rolling by the end of November.

Distraction over, I've got something to work towards.

Have a good one and happy reading.

9 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

Sounds like a great idea and right up your alley. It allows you to taylor your schedule to Juniors!!! Good luck - we will be looking forward to seeing how it goes!

Megan Frampton said...

What a great idea! Yay for you for thinking of it.

Busy parents always need help with parties.

Jenster said...

Very exciting, Tara!!

I wish I was good at something marketable. lol.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your new adventure.

Jen

Tara Marie said...

Kristie, thank you, it's a perfect fit with my little guys schedule.

Megan, I'm good with ideas, hopefully we can actually do this--LOL.

Jen, I'm really excited too, I've been awake for a few nights thinking about it and really think it could be our little niche.

I've already designed a couple of ads, business cards and have website ideas, yikes, I'm scaring myself--LOL.

Rosie said...

Good for you! This sounds like a fab idea. I know as a tradition we do favors for all the family weddings. So I think you are on to something. Keep us posted.

vanessa jaye said...

Sounds like a fab idea, Tara! Good luck!!

nath said...

Good luck Tara Marie :D

I'm sure you'll be a huge success!

Rowena said...

That soundslike such a great idea Tara, I wish you all the luck sweetie!

sybil said...

Good luck! Sounds like a great idea for you guys!