Monday, October 16

All over with this one...

I'm still rather distracted from reading, it's one of the reasons I started with the Sudoku puzzles. It's probably why I changed the look of the blog too, though I hate to admit it, I don't like black and this might not last until Halloween--LOL. I've got a huge TBR pile and what did I read over the weekend...Susan Elizabeth Phillips' Match Me If You Can. I borrowed it from the library last year. I'd already read it but wanted a copy for myself so I bought a paperback copy last week.

There's just something comforting about a favorite author, you know what your going to get even when it's not perfect it still works. I'd forced my way through 2 books last week that didn't work and realized I need comfort reads when I'm this distracted. I think I may pull out a couple more SEP books and have a mini marathon, like the Linda Howard one I had earlier this year.

I can't believe my little guy starting school full-time has thrown me for such a loop. He loves school and once he found his "boundaries" it's been great. But, I still haven't found a real routine. I've done none of the heavy duty cleaning I thought I would, reading has been hit or miss. And, the holidays are right around the corner. Okay, I'm done whining.

I've got a full schedule this week... Today, Junior has a hair appointment after school. Tuesday, I take my husband's car for an oil change. Wednesday, Parent Guild meeting. Thursday, set up for a school fundraiser and soccer practice. Friday, the school fundraiser (actually the fundraiser is a 3 day event, but I only have to work Friday, which includes baking 3 batches of brownies). Saturday, soccer and a family party and Sunday, I escape by myself for a candle party. I'm amazed by anyone who has more than one child and still functions--LOL.

When the heck is Blogger going to add "blog" to their Spell Check?

5 comments:

Bob & Muffintop said...

Hi Tara-

I did the guilty/innocent meme too. It was fun. I enjoyed the questions.

Don't be so hard on yourself about Jr starting school. Kindergarden is a major milestone for you & for him. It's natural to be unsettled.

The only thing that works for me when I feel like you do is simply to go with the flow. Not forcing myself to read (or whatever else) anything that doesn't hold my attention. Feeling like I 'ought to' never accomplishes much for me.

Hugs!

meljean brook said...

"When the heck is Blogger going to add "blog" to their Spell Check?"

ROTF! Too funny.

My tot began pre-school this year. Only half a day, but it has still forced me into a massive schedule change (and I'm not getting the work I thought I would done, either. And the house is still messy.)

I don't know how people with more than one kid do it. I think I'd be a mess.

Tara Marie said...

Amanda, honestly it's been harder for me and I hate admitting that. Once he settled down, schools been great. Going with the flow, that's what I've been doing and still I'm whining--LOL.

Meljean, I'm glad I'm not alone in the more than one child thing--LOL.

Rosie said...

Meljean I have two kids who are lots older than yours, but I was always wondering how my Mom did it as I was one of nine kids. I don't know how she didn't lose her mind.

Tara you'll hit your stride...it's still early days yet. I still juggle stuff. I guess that's just life with kids. You are always adjusting to the next phase.

CindyS said...

Yep, these weird fall blues are hitting every one hard and I didn't send any kids to school! Okay, my Godchildren and I realized the youngest is no longer a baby.

Let's just sit and whine together ;) Glad Jr. finally found his 'school legs'!

CindyS