Wednesday, October 4

The new RT at a glance... aka Anne Stuart Rocks

Before I start listing my must have books. I have one thing to say...


Anne Stuart Rocks!!!!


When asked about the "bisexual" hero of her next book Cold As Ice she handles it beautifully...

Actually I think I handled Peter Jensen in the best possible way. I'd already set him up in Black Ice, and at the time I hadn't planned to write a spin-off. And he was working undercover, providing sexual favors for a mafioso. He simply took the persona of who he had to be. He can control his body, perform sexually and doesn't think twice about it. It's a nonissue for him

It's simply part of his cold and calculating backstory, and it fit. It wasn't meant to be shocking, though I was pleased that my editors didn't make me wipe out all mention of it and pretend it never happened.

If people won't pick up the book because of it, they probably shouldn't read my books, anyway. The relationships between my heroes and heroines are quite dark and intense. I don't set out to offend, but I'd rather risk that than write something else.
She goes on to say...
I do find androgyny appealing, but I think that's because of the dichotomy. I love masquerade books in general--plots where someone is pretending to be something he's not. Think Percy Blakeney in The Scarlet Pimpernel. There's something very hot about a lacy, bejeweled fop who's an alpha wolf in bed.
And, her next Ice hero is Japanese.

How about some books, at a quick glance these caught my eye...

  • The Rules of Seduction -- Madeline Hunter
  • Clandestine -- Julia Ross
  • The Rogue's Bride -- Leslie LaFoy
  • A Lady's Pleasure -- Renee Bernard
  • Awaiting the Night -- Donna Lea Simpson
  • Born in Death -- JD Robb (hey, Mavis is having the baby)
  • Crazy Sweet -- Tara Janzen
  • Cold As Ice -- Anne Stuart
  • Hot Dish -- Connie Brockway (her new contemporary)
  • No Rest For The Wicked -- Kresley Cole
  • Valley of Silence -- Nora Roberts
  • The Bargain -- Julia Templeton

11 comments:

Rosie said...

I love Anne Stuart!

Jenster said...

The Rules of Seduction by Madeline Hunter? Is this part of her Regency Series? Crimeny! I still have Lady of Sin to read. I need a reading vacation...

Jen

Nikki said...

I read RT cover to cover every month. When I read Anne Stuart's interview, I couldn't believe it! I was intrigued by that character in Black Ice! I thought he was gay! Amazing! He must be Cold as Ice if he can fake that! When his heroine breaks through that kind of ice, it's gotta be good, because it's Ann Stuart, after all! This is going to be HOT!

Tara Marie said...

Rosie, me too!!

Jen, Lady of Sin is one of the better books in the series. A reading vacation sounds good. I have to admit I'm starting to get into a routine that lets me read a more during the day while Junior's in school.

Nikki, it sounds great doesn't it?? I can't wait.

Megan Frampton said...

Oh, I just love Anne Stuart. I love how she pushes and pushes the boundaries.

I got to meet her this summer, and she was talking about this hero. And the Japanese guy. Swoon.

Tara Marie said...

Megan, I met her at a book signing several years ago, she's amazing. How lucky are you getting to talk to her about books. I can't even imagine how great this new one will be and I'm so impressed with a Japanese hero--she rocks.

Dev said...

I ordered my first Anne Stuart yesterday ~ Still Lake. I hope to have it within the week.

I need to subscribe to RT ~ I feel like I'm missing out.

Kristie (J) said...

I love the way she writes her heroes so dark as they can be almost antiheroes. I loved Black Ice and I'm really looking forward to Cold as Ice.

erika said...

I want to read Cold as Ice like right now! I'll buy Stuart's books just because of the heroes. Too often I tire of heroes who are perfectly perfect.

Tara Marie said...

Devonna, it's a pretty good magazine. I find I discount the reviews, but I do like they synopses.

Kristie, love her antiheros and no one does them as good, she can make con men and assassins sympathetic.

Erika, I agree!!

CindyS said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this!! Me loves Anne Stuart *sigh*. Really, she is the goddess of romance, she's just never jumped the shark for me and she has been writing for years.

Squeeeee.

Sorry, I just cannot wait to read this book and wish I could read it before everyone else so that I don't hit any spoilers. *sigh*

Off to dream about Stuart heroes ;)

Cindy