Saturday, November 11

The Sleep Over

Well, it's 5:30 in the morning and I'm up. Not because I can't sleep, but because the two little boys in the other room are up for the day. They've been up since 4:30. Yes, I said 4:30. At 5:00 my husband announced to me, it's going to be awhile before we do this again--understatement of his life.

We don't coddle our son, if he falls he gets up and the only time we get a reaction is when he notices he's bleeding, if he doesn't notice he just keeps going. Apparently the friends parents either coddle or he's a whiner and a bit of a tattletale...
  • I've got a headache.
  • "Junior" pushed me.
  • I want to play with that.
  • I want to play outside.
  • I want to play with trains.
  • "Junior" pushed me. You're playing tag in the house, I'm sure you pushed him too.
  • My leg hurts.
  • My leg hurts.
  • My leg hurts... There's no bruise it looks fine.
  • It's deep inside.
  • I can't sleep. That was as 1:30 this morning.
  • Crying... hit head on floor during pillow fight at 5:20 this morning.

And, now they're having a "fart" discussion. 9:00 can't come fast enough.

I think there's a reason we only have one child--LOL.

Have a great day.

8 comments:

Jenster said...

I'm so sorry! I'm guessing you'll all have naps this afternoon??

Jen

Tara Marie said...

Jen, we just watched The Longest Day, while Junior took a 4 hour nap.

I'm refusing to cook, it's Chinese or Pizza tonight.

Rosie said...

TM, I don't know whether to laugh or cry in sympathy! A sleepover is the worst way to find out about your kids' friends. We've had some real revelations over the years. You deserve a night off from cooking.

Bob & Muffintop said...

HAHAHA! No sympathy from me. Little kids are all like that especially when there's a sleepover. I agree about the 'never again' feeling though. I can't stand having sleepovers. Humbug~ LOL ;)

CindyS said...

Huh. Was my godson over at your house ;) I love my godchildren but I am the first to see the 'not so great' side of them.

Hope you are currently getting tons of sleep - I would have gone for a nap with jr ;)

Cindy

nath said...

Poor you Tara Marie! Wait a minute... he had a headache? Does he even know what's a headache it? I can't remember having headaches at that age! Just hope Jr didn't enjoy it too much and demand an 'encore' :P

Tara Marie said...

Rosie, my sister said the same thing.

Amanda, I know it, I guess turn about... as they'll have the next sleep over and my child will torment them.

Cindy, kids are the same, none are perfect.

Nath, well, we survived and that's all that matters--LOL.

Anonymous said...

OMG and I complain when my dog wakes me up at 0400 to potty.. at least I get to go back to sleep.. !