Friday, November 10

This and That

Finished Betina Krahn's The Book of True Desires, this morning, thoroughly enjoyed it. Great time period--1898, great setting--Cuba and Mexico, smart hero and heroine, interesting secondary characters, very good adventure--kind of an Indiana Jones type thing, but the heroine is the archeologist.

I picked up the December issue of RT the other day. I'm having a hard time picking out books.

Definites:

  • Pleasure For Pleasure by Eloisa James
  • Autumn in Scotland by Karen Raney
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous by Linda Howard
  • Size 14 is Not Fat Either by Meg Cabot
  • Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank

Maybes:

  • The Great Betrayal by Millenia Black
  • Bogeyman by Gayle Wilson
  • Hero Worship by Dawn Calvert
  • Two Lives in Waltz Time by Viven Dean
  • The Master of Shilden by Lucinda Carrington

My son is having a play date/sleep over today. His friend arrived at 10:30 and is staying over. They've had lunch and a snack, played outside twice, watched some Noggin and have been playing with trains in his room, and it's now 12:30. All of that in 2 hours, it's going to be a long day--LOL. Apparently Junior doesn't have enough trains, his friend brought a bag full too. I'm pleased to say they play nicely together, their teacher says they compliment each other which she appreciates because they don't instigate too much trouble that way. Tomorrow morning they have basketball at 9:00.

6 comments:

Jenster said...

Oh my, Tara. That BK book sounds wonderful. I love her writing and I especially love unusual historical settings. I guess it's a must have.

Jen

vanessa jaye said...

I meant to pick up that BK book and forgot to. Thanks for the reminder.

Tara Marie said...

Jen and Jay, add to the unusual site a very funny and sarcastic hero and it really was a good book. Definitely worth picking up.

CindyS said...

The Krahn book, is it a new release? I'll have to run and check because I have enjoyed her before but lost track.

I also need to look at books coming out in December and see if anything strikes my fancy.

Well, it's 1:40am here so hopefully the boys didn't wear you to a nub ;)

Oh, and I got my picture!!! I do so love that picture ;)

CindyS

Rosie said...

I've been so busy I haven't made up my December list yet. I'm with Cindy I haven't read a BK in years. I'm putting this on my list to check out.

Anonymous said...

The Jacob book I have read and thought, while it had an interesting concept, that it was a bit dull. And the worldbuilding had serious issues. I'll be interested in hearing what you thought because from the sounds of it, there is quite diverse reaction to it.