Thursday, September 3

Odd thoughts for the day...

Color me surprised, Diana Gabaldon is still torturing Jamie and Claire.  I gave up on the Outlander series after Drums of Autumn.  My sister, the die hard fangirl, finally gave up after The Fiery Cross.  I think she bought A Breath of Snow and Ashes.  The new book An Echo in the Bones is over 800 pages.  Will they ever get to enjoy their old age??

Why can't kids simply enjoy the summer? We were given a list of work for the summer that would keep him on track for the 3rd Grade. We were both tortured by this. He didn't want to do it and I hated fighting with him to get it done. Though I shouldn't complain, his best friend had to take a summer reading class to hopefully bring him up to grade level.

The Yankees won again :D  Baltimore is having an abysmal season, but it's sad that there were more Yankee fans than Oriole ones at the game.  This one's for Wendy :p  Hey Detriot is in first place too.

It's September 3rd and it was 47 degrees when I got up this morning--that's just wrong, it's supposed to be summer time.  We used our air conditioner 3 days this summer, 3 days--the summer that wasn't.

Since I'm trying to catch up with new bloggers, I sometimes run the links on the sidebars of other blogs.  I came across my first Content Warning...

The blog that you are about to view may contain content only suitable for adults. In general, Google does not review nor do we endorse the content of this or any blog. For more information about our content policies, please visit the Blogger Terms of Service.
I don't know why I'm so surprised by this.  Is this new?  Do you put the content warning on yourself or does it show up after someone complains?  I'd never read the "Terms of Service"--yikes.

I came across another blog with a theme song--I want a theme song.  Someone tell me how :D

School starts in 6 days--thank God :)  Junior's not happy--but I am--LOL!!

4 comments:

jmc said...

I'm fascinated by the Galbaldon phenomenon. (FWIW, I read Outlander and nothing more.) How many disasters can one couple suffer?

As a general rule, Baltimore is always overrun by NY and Boston fans whenever their teams are in town. It's been this way for years, even back in the dark ages when the Orioles didn't suck. The atmosphere is entirely different when the stadium is filled with Yankee or Sox fans. The music played on the PA system is different (IMO). And the cheering/jeering seems uglier and more vindictive on both sides, home and visiting team fans. Also, ticket-wise, there's a $5 or $10 step up in cost for those tickets, as the front office likes to capitalize on their popularity. I'm not inclined to spend more money to attend a game I'm likely to enjoy less.

Plus, frankly, a lot of Baltimore fans are disgusted by the 10 year losing streak. Everyone has their own theory on the reason behind it, me included.

Ouch. Sorry, sore spot.

Wendy said...

Yeah, the Tigers are in first place in the Central - but it doesn't really matter. The AL East should easily steamroll through the playoffs. Although, for the record, I'm leaning towards the NL winning the World Series again.

Saw the Orioles recently when they played the Tigers, and was impressed with quite a few of their young players. There's some talent on that team, they're just all so young. Like they probably aren't even shaving yet :)

I've seen the content warning as well. I'm not sure how that works. That said, I've only really seen it on sites dedicated to nekkid menz or erotic romance author group blogs.....

Tara Marie said...

jmc--re: Gabaldon--at what point do the truly obsessive finally say 'I've had enough'?

I knew that there were a lot of NY and Boston fans that would make the trip (e have friends who do it on a regular basis) but I didn't realize they actually outnumbered the Baltimore fans until I heard it last night during the game--yikes, 10 years of losing stinks.

Wendy--I hate to admit it but I wouldn't mind steamrolling through the playoff, but that can never be assumed, especially if we have to play the Angeles.

I've seen the adult content thing before and it was always on the first page of a website, but this was the first time I'd seen a warning from Blogger. I'm not sure if that means I'm visiting the right or wrong sites :D

sybil said...

Never read Outlander sooo don't get it. If nothing else shouldn't they be dead by now?

Like the new header!