Monday, April 18

It's Monday--Thank God

Before I start to whine about my husband, all avid romance readers should take a moment and read Maili's rant over at mcvane, gosh I hope I got that right, I'm still new to links.

Now, back to whining--LOL.

I am so relieved it's Monday, my husband went back to work, thank the good Lord. Having him home while I'm sick is worse than having 6 kids. Saturday night he announced he needs clean clothes for work on Monday (I've been sick for 2 weeks and have done a minimal of laundry, shame on me I guess). The man has never in his life done a load of laundry. So, I decide I can't get all the laundry done at home, I have to go to the local Laundromat (it's very clean or I probably would have been doing laundry for 12 hours yesterday). At 6 o'clock Sunday morning I'm doing 12 loads of laundry all at the same time. I get home in time to make breakfast, take a shower and head to Mass. Home again I figure I've got the rest of the day to myself, right--wrong!

My husband has decided to lay the new floor in the bathroom (peel and stick tiles, not real hard). He's having a mini temper tantrum about how is he going to cut out around all the stuff in the bathroom (toilet, pedestal sink, radiator feet, and the claw feet on the tub). I'm so not in the mood for all this, I tell him to get out of the bathroom, entertain the child for the day and in the next 3 hours I manage to lay the entire floor, by myself. And, guess what--it looks great.

So, all my husband had to do was entertain the child. Well, said child had Easter candy for lunch, yes, I said Easter candy. And, spent the afternoon watching Aladdin. The idiot then had the nerve to ask "what's for dinner??" And, when I told him "pizza" and he was going to go pick it up, he had the gall to make a face, and then he complained about the price when he got home.

My MIL called in the evening, after talking to me, she read him the riot act (I love my MIL). He spent the rest of the night making nice. If he knows what's good for him, he'd better show up with flowers when he comes home tonight--LOL.

While I was typing this I've been thinking about the column today over at RTB for some reason it's annoying me--so what if there's a double standard when it comes to overweight heroines, it's our fantasies or realities isn't it?? I went over and posted something and I'm over being annoyed, it wasn't really worth the energy. It must have been because I'm still a little mad at my clueless hubby (maybe too much reality--LOL).

Now, I'm done complaining, happy reading to all.

No comments: