Monday, May 9

Confession time...

I have a few confessions to make.

  1. On a regular basis, I go over to Maili's Blog (mcvane) and run her list of reader blogs--it's a great list. If I was good I'd just list them all on my own blog, but I'm too lazy.
  2. I've never read an Ellora's Cave. I'm starting to think I'm in the minority. I keep looking for used copies at the UBS, but nary a used one can be found. I must be missing something and will have to break down and buy one new.
  3. I'm a closet Nora Roberts reader. Still get all her new releases (paperback) and somehow find comfort in the predictability of her characters, story lines and trilogies.
  4. I have completely given up on Jayne Ann Krentz/Amanda Quick. As predictable as NR may be I started to feel JAK's books were the same book over and over again just with name changes.
  5. I don't care if it's not "hip" to love Linda Howard's alpha heros. I do, I don't care if they're cavemen, tough guys or idiots, when they fall in love, I believe it.

Now, I'll say a good Act of Contrition, and go food shopping, or maybe I'll take jr. to the playground instead.

6 comments:

Kristie (J) said...

I gave up on JAK/Amanda Quick a number of books ago for both. They just got too repetitive and boring. I still love her old stuff though.
And count me as another fan of Linda Howard's alpha males. Don't think I'd want one in real life but in fantasy life it's a different story.

Nicole said...

I also use Màili's links instead of just putting them on my site. I go down the list quite often.

I've read lots of Ellora's Cave books, but like any pub, there are good books and bad books. Though yeah, the covers suck for the most part.

Wendy said...

Well don't feel bad - I've never read an EC book either, but I have several in my TBR :-)

I've read a grand total of 3 Nora books - her Born In Trilogy - and loved all of them. Yet, I haven't picked up another book by her.... Weird huh?

And I think it's OK that you like Linda Howard's heroes. Personally, I don't "get" Howard - but I've accepted that I'm in the vast minority. And that's OK too...

Bob & Muffintop said...

Until EC uses halfway decent covers, I won't buy them. They are so horrible I refuse to spend my cash on them.


Never liked NR, but have several older AQ/JAK books in my TBR. None new. Have been unimpressed with her recent titles, much like Jane Feather. :(

Mary Stella said...

I'm right there with you on loving Linda Howard's alpha male heroes. I also read every Nora Roberts book that comes out.

erika said...

I pre-ordered Linda Howard new book Killing Time. I haven't even read the blurb yet. I love her alpha heroes too.
I used to buy Amanda Quick too. But her recent historicals and JAK books just don't scream READ ME to me.