Sunday, May 8

Happy Mother's Day and other thoughts...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all the Mom's out there.

Well, it's 2 o'clock in the morning and I'm up. Considering I fell asleep before nine, this shouldn't be a big surprise. Why did I fall asleep so early? My book light died and I was too lazy to go downstairs, my husband was watching TV in bed, Tombstone for the umpteenth time (for those of you who know my thoughts about The Godfather movies and JFK, Tombstone is fast approaching the "I hate this movie" level.--LOL)

For the first time in years, I've started reading category romances again. I've picked up 3 SIMs in the last week. They're quick reads and I'm finding I can get an entire book read in a sitting. Back when I worked full time and commuted I probably read 10 to 15 category romances a month, but of course, back then I was reading 40-50 books a month. Commuting is a gift to readers.

I got Alison Kent's attention with my "whining" about RTB, which I guess is a good thing. I know RTB is for all aspects of the "Romance" world, and I wasn't really complaining, I was trying to point out my perceptions didn't match RTB's concept. If we want our voices heard we really need to speak up.

Gee whiz, now I'm having an allergy attack. If I take Benadryl, I'll sleep right through Mothers's day. I'm going back to bed.

Have a great day, and happy reading.

3 comments:

Anne E. said...

Happy Mother's Day, Tara! Hope they treat you well today. My DS is taking me to an Italian restaurant this afternoon -- we decided not to make reservations but just take our chances.

Boy, do we differ in our taste in movies, as "Tombstone" is one of my favorites. I am also a "Godfather" and "Deadwood" fanatic, but I've never been able to get totally into "The Sopranos."

Have a great day, Tara, and just remember, "I'm your huckleberry." Sorry, couldn't resist!

Tara Marie said...

Hi Anne--I hope you had a great Mother's Day.

At one point in my life, I loved all of these movies, but after seeing them hundreds of times (this is not an exaggeration), I'm sick of them. Right now he's beating "Tombstone", "Mississippi Burning", and "Ghost's of Mississippi" to death.

We have Ken Burns' "Civil War Series" on tape also, for SEVERAL years my husband would put this on at 10:00 at night, every single night. When he watches it now, I can still quote "Mary Chestnut".

Do you see a compulsion here??

Anne E. said...

Yes, we had a great time yesterday. Ended up going to a non-Italian restaurant, but the portions were so huge neither my DS or I could finish. I think I would be in fear of my life if I saw the pig that produced my pork chop! After dinner, my DS took me to Barnes and Noble for a mini-shopping spree: I bought a reissue of a Jean Plaidy book on Mary Queen of Scots, "I Capture the Castle" by the author of 101 Dalmations, a couple of other books, and two magazines, including RT (my subscription lasped). All in all a great Mother's Day! Hope yours was equally satisfying.

I read Mary Chestnuts "Diary from Dixie" in college and have re-read it every few years since then, and h ave the Ken Burns set on DVD as well. I notice that I get into movie ruts too -- I watched "DeLovely," or parts of it, every night for about 2 weeks.