Friday, December 16

200 Books...and a few other thoughts...

I've finally hit the 200 books read mark. Considering I finished November at 196, 4 books in 16 days isn't great, but I'm rather relieved to reach the milestone. Not that I set a goal for the year, but once I realized I was close to 200, I wanted to hit it.

I seem to be on a rereading kick, nothing new is holding my attention, with Christmas this close, it seems my attention span is that of my son's--non-existent. I also seem to be into cad heros. Reread Laura Lee Guhrke's Guilty Pleasures and The Marriage Bed and plan to read Eloisa James' Your Wicked Ways. I love a good cad in complete need of redemption. TMB and YWW both have cheating husbands, men who went elsewhere when their marriages were falling apart. I can't really explain why these stories work for me, it's not something I'd accept in my own marriage and a contemporary with this plot would probably hit a wall and rather hard at that.

I feel somewhat like Cindy. My sleeping schedule is shot to hell. I'm falling asleep before 9 pm and am up for the day between 3:30 and 4:00 in the morning. I shouldn't be complaining as this is when I've been reading.

I finally feel like I've got the Christmas situation under control. I need to pick up 5 gift cards, 3 for the teachers from the class, and put together 2 gift baskets for the grandparents, and that's it--I AM DONE. Thank God.

Have a good one, I probably wont have much time to be on this weekend, happy reading to all.

Tara

4 comments:

CindyS said...

Yikes! It's contagious!

Now see, I must be channeling you because I am actually up during the day. Okay, at least part of the day. I woke up at 8am today. Hubby had the day off so we went 'full brigade' shopping. Take no prisoners!

I am floored by your achievement to read 200 books. I'm lucky to reach 40 books a year. I was doing really well earlier in the year but I have definitely fallen off the tracks.

Again. Done done, or Done 'oh I forgot to buy a card for mom' done.

CindyS

Sam said...

200 books is great! Congrats!
I think I read about 100 - most are completely forgetable, lol.
I should do like you do: write up a list of what I've read, but it seems too organized for me. My husband is a great one for lists and graphs of all sorts. He can't understand why I don't do that for my books (title, how many sold, royalties) But I don't get all excited about things like that, lol.
I am getting up early lately too - but it's mostly becase of Mr. Auguste, he whines in the morning and wakes me up, so I go down and shush him before he can wake anyone else up!

Anonymous said...

200 books is awesome. I'm almost at 150 - I might make it by the end of the year if I pick up, discard, and include in the tally a couple of clunkers :) No idea if this is normal or not, though, since I only started keeping track this year.

ReneeW said...

Great accomplishment! I'm only at 163. And this month has been incredibly slow. No time for reading. I had one year when I read over 200 but I was unemployed that year (and I didn't have kids at home :) When I was a stay at home mom, I had a hard time getting any reading in. You are very fast reader!