- The Devil
You KnowTo Pay -- Liz Carlyle, being a LC fangirl there would have to be a couple of her books on my list--oops, thanks Renee I didn't even realize I had listed it twice, since the list is in order, I had to fix this one.
- Dreaming of You -- Lisa Kleypas, not a new book, but new to me. It took me forever to find a copy of this book.
- Kiss of the Highlander -- Karen Marie Moning, another book new to me. I can't say I loved any of the others in the series, but this one was fantastic.
- The Rainbow Season -- Lisa Gregory, an oldie, but one I had never read. Wonderful western.
- Black Ice -- Anne Stuart, what's not to love about a Stuart.
- Body Electric -- Susan Squires, not new, but once again new to me, fascinating story concept.
- Veil of Night -- Lydia Joyce, one of my new favorite authors.
- If Angels Burn -- Lynn Viehl, another new favorite author, a great mix of horror and romance
- The Cobra and The Concubine -- Bonnie Vanak, this book got lousy reviews, but I enjoyed it. The setting and time period are wonderful.
- Carved in Stone -- Vickie Taylor, another new favorite author, this series has a wonderful premise.
- The Marriage Bed -- Laura Lee Guhrke, either you loved it or you hated it. I loved it, an emotional read from cover to cover.
- The Devil You Know -- Liz Carlyle, see 1.
- Passion -- Lisa Valdez, another new favorite, this books isn't just erotic, it has a great story, and you don't skip the sex scenes in this one.
- The Companion -- Susan Squires, my absolute favorite new author, I know she's not new, but she was new to me this year.
- Dark Lover -- JR Ward, the best kick off for a new series all year, amazing.
- The Dark Queen -- Susan Carroll, amazing setting and time period and wonderful writing.
- The Courtesan -- Susan Carroll, see 15.
- The Hunger -- Susan Squires, see 13.
- The Champion -- Elizabeth Chadwick, one of my all time favorite authors, her books are so hard to find, but totally worth it.
- Private Demons -- Lynn Viehl, see 7.
This was my year to discover paranormal. Of the 20 books 10 of them are either out right paranormals or have some paranormal activity.
When I look back, it was a good year for reading, let's hope 2006 is just as good.
So, what's on your favorites list?