Thursday, December 22

"Done" is never really done...and 7 things...

I haven't been on-line in days. When I don't blog or at least blog hop on a daily basis I feel like something is wrong and I start to get anxious. Silly I know, but it's very relaxing for me.

Last week I said I was ready for Christmas, now I really am almost ready for Christmas. The teacher baskets were put together and wrapped up on Tuesday and delivered yesterday. Almost all the presents are wrapped and I still have 2 more batches of cookies to bake, and then all those cookies need to be packaged--this year I went with decorative Chinese Food Boxes, instead of tins of goody bags. I picked them up at Michael's this week and each one will hold about a dozen cookies.

Today was the first time I've blog hopped since last Friday and I discovered I'd been tagged for the 7...meme, so here goes:

Seven things to do before I die:


  1. Watch my son grow up to be a good man and provide me with lots of grandchildren.
  2. Travel--anywhere and everywhere.
  3. Take better advantage of NYC--theater, museums, restaurants etc. We live so close, but rarely get there.
  4. Take my husband and son on the subway, this goes hand in hand with number 4. My husband is 47 years old and has lived within driving distance of NYC his entire life and has never been on a subway. My son the train fanatic will love it.
  5. Play all 32,000 games of Freecell in numerical order, I'm up to 6001.
  6. Read Sara Donati's Into the Wilderness series, they are currently mocking me from my TBR pile.
  7. Find the back way from the Woodbury Commons to Seven Springs Road--I normally have an excellent sense of direction, but for some reason this completely eludes me.
  8. Get along with my SIL from Hell.

Went over, but 3 & 4 are really only one.

Seven things I can not do:

  1. I can't send Junior to bed without lots of hugs and kisses.
  2. I refuse to go grey.
  3. Will never eat tongue, tripe, mutton or lamb.
  4. Climb Mount Everest.
  5. Camp in a tent.
  6. Find the back way from the Woodbury Commons to Seven Springs Road.
  7. Get along with my SIL from Hell.

Seven things that attract me to my spouse:

  1. He loves me and Junior unconditionally.
  2. His sense of humor.
  3. His decency and work ethic.
  4. His sense of humor.
  5. His broad shoulders and beautiful green eyes
  6. Did I mention his sense of humor--he makes me laugh every day of my life.
  7. His family--with the exception of the SIL from Hell--LOL. Though she showed up in the family long after we were married.

Seven thing's I say most often:

  1. My son's name or any variation of his numerous nicknames.
  2. "I Love You!!"
  3. "Get in the house Pete."--Pete's our cat and he loves to sleep on our front porch, but I refuse to allow him to go completely outside into the cold cruel world.
  4. "God, give me strength." My mom said this over and over again on a daily basis, as a kid I had no concept as to why--I now completely understand.
  5. "Oh, my God."
  6. "Please don't walk in the snow/puddle, DON'T walk in the snow/puddle, get in the car, get in the car, OH MY GOD, get in the car, get in your seat, get in your seat, will you please get in your seat, GOD, GIVE ME STRENGTH--GET IN YOUR SEAT."
  7. "Do I have to repeat myself over and over?" Apparently I do.

Seven books I love (in no particular order):

  1. Almost anything by Linda Howard--don't make me pick one.
  2. Almost anything by Liz Carlyle...
  3. Almost anything by Eloisa James...
  4. Marsha Canham's Robin Hood Trilogy.
  5. Mrs. Mike
  6. Pride and Prejudice...Emma...Sense...
  7. Shakespeare's comedies
  8. Jane Eyre--oops I went over.

Seven movies I watch over and over again:

  1. A&E's (BBC's?) Pride and Prejudice
  2. Twelve Angry Men
  3. The Odd Couple
  4. Rear Window
  5. The Mummy
  6. The Quiet Man
  7. Tombstone, JFK, Carl Sagan's Cosmos, Ken Burn's Civil War Series--please not these are not by choice, my husband watches all of these on a regular basis, and somehow I seem to have no choice in the matter.

Tag seven people...

  1. Amanda
  2. Erika
  3. Maili--she's out there somewhere
  4. 5. 6. 7. And, anyone else who would like to do this.

Have a good one and happy reading!!

2 comments:

CindyS said...

Tara Marie - I have to tell you, the mothers are slaying me with the things they say most often. Funny thing, is that I am an Aunt and will say number 6 about 42 times before anyone including the dog decided to listen to me.

For some reason when I am really upset I say 'Holy Mary, Mother of God!!' No one gets me ;)

Oh, and food stuff - not an adventurous person so I won't be eating what you said but with a whole bunch of other stuff thrown in!

I will need two hilarious stories about your SIL from Hell. Pretty please?

Oh, and pick one ;) Mine's Dream Man. Your pick will determine which side of the Howard line you are on. Course the line is in my head but, whatever.

Glad that you are getting closer to the end. Funny story, whenever I bake, I will try and get tins or something to put the goods in. For the first few years I couldn't get more than 3 cookies in a container. It got to the point where I have given up on the whole thing. Those chinese boxes though are fab and I gave one of my friends a velvet covered one for Christmas last year.

CindyS - trying to wind down before bed

Tara Marie said...

Cindy,

The three Linda Howard's I reread the most are After The Night, Open Season and Dream Man. Though I also love the Mackenzies, especially MacKenzies Mountain.

I wish I could say that I have 2 hilarious stories about the SIL from Hell, but she is a mean-spirited, evil bitch--tell you what I really think right?--LOL. The odd thing is I was the only person who noticed this until after they were married, and I kept my mouth shut because my husband thought I was being bitchy the one time I brought it up to him--the rest of the family was completely blindsided when her evil started oozing out, including my sadly naive husband, who now says "you were right" which I'm sure pains him tremendously. Though I must say he and his sister's husband subtly snark with her and she is completely clueless.

Annette,

I don't see how it's possible that my husband can find these movies on any time day or night, of course whe have JFK on tape, but Tombstone seems to be on just about everyday on some channel somewhere--a great movie the first 2 or three times you've seen it, but since I've seen it, oh, about 100, I've had enough.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your son and grandson.

Tara