Wednesday, June 21

Finished

It was a lazy day so I got to finish Mary Reed McCall's Sinful Pleasures. It was very good, as I knew it would be. I'm starting to think Ms. McCall writes the best medievals currently being published. Young lovers reunited.

We also found enough time to make a hit and run over at the UBS. Without a list I only came home with:
  1. Almost A Gentleman by Pam Rosenthal--I've not read her before, so I thought I'd give this one a try.
  2. Crazy For You by Kate Angell--thought I'd give one of her non sport books a try.
  3. The Wedding Deception by Adrienne Basso--I've not read her in a while, this was a 2005 release.
  4. Entertaining Mr. Stone by Portia Da Costa--It called to me from the erotic romance shelf.
  5. Rupert Takes a Bath by Bob Graham--what can I say, I'm a sucker for kids books, Junior wanted this one.

Not an exciting haul, but all were unexpected finds, so hopefully they'll all be unexpectedly good.

Have a good night and happy reading.

4 comments:

ReneeW said...

I've never tried McCall but this sounds like it has possibilities. I may need to try it. Not many good medievals around lately (except the Susan Carroll trilogy - they were wonderful). I read Almost a Gentleman and thought it was pretty good. Very hot too.

Sam said...

I'm going to self promote again (sort of like self mutilate or self implode...LOL)
If you like medievals I wrote one called Angels On Crusade (not erotica) it's with Cerridwen Press and it's about the ill-fated 8th Crusade (with St. Louis) and a time traveller sent back to save the crown of France...
Since I live in France the research part was pretty easy. It was like yesterday it happened here, you know? LOL! Seriously, I got to go see the St. Chapel Louis IX built to house the crown of thorns and the different cathedrals around the area, including Chartres, which was a big rallying point for the Crusaders...and yes I'll shut up now!
:-)

Valeen said...

I haven't read any of those authors so far so I'll be interested to see your reviews on any of them. :)

Tara Marie said...

Renee--You'd probably like McCall. I thought the Carroll's were more French Rens. but maybe they are medievals, either way they were excellent.

Sam--I'll have to look for AOC. I love a good medieval and since they're out of favor, they're few and far between

Valeen--I finished Entertaining Mr. Stone, not all that impressive.