Friday, June 30

June TBR Challenge--nothing like cutting it close

This month's TBR Challenge: Read something highly recommended

Title: Passion's Springtime

Author: Lauren Wilde

Year published: 1996

Why did you get this book? I'm pretty sure it was on Maili's top 100 list

Do you like the cover? Yes, I wish I could have found picture to post. It's very impressionistic in style.

Did you enjoy the book? Yes, but 1/4 of the way into it I realized I'd already read it, probably when it was new. I knew exactly where the story was going.

Was the author new to you and would you read something by this author again? I thought so, but obviously not.

Are you keeping it or passing it on? It was good, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it.

Anything else? This was a good historical set in 1860's San Francisco, which is a setting we don't see very often anymore, it's a marriage of convenience story or as they call it a business arrangement. Interesting mix of romance and history

Well, I cut this one really close finishing it at 9:30 on the last day of the month, but it was worth reading.

That's it, have a good one and happy reading.

Tara

No comments: