Monday, June 19

A Question for Medallion Press...

Two of the books I ordered last month through my local indie bookseller are published by Medallion Press.

The bookstore owner orders from Ingram and directly from smaller publishing houses like Ellora's Cave. Unfortunately, Ingram doesn't carry Medallion Press books and Medallion has not gotten back to the bookseller about selling directly to her.

I prefer buying from this shop, 1. she's a friend, 2. it's good to support small local businesses, 3. the shop is literally 2 minutes from the house and to get to a B&N or Borders is 20-30 minutes. I guess I could order on-line, but I'd prefer not to.

Does anyone know whether or not Medallion sells to small independent bookshops??

8 comments:

Nicole said...

They should. I know my small independent store gets some in.

Sam said...

I hope so - my two books are published with Medallion. (under Jennifer Macaire) I didn't know Medallion wasn't with Ingrams - they said they were...Maybe that has changed.
I know 2 small independant book stores who have ordered from Medallion (each time for a book signing for me though) I too like to buy books from my bookstore friend in Kinderhook - so I hope you get this worked out! I'd offer to drop a line to Medallion press myself, but they get incredibly annoyed when an author contacts them - sorry! But let me know what happens please!

Tara Marie said...

Nicole and Sam, thanks, I'll ask my friend to continue trying.

Sam, we're heading over to the Rhinebeck Aerodrome for a day trip. Maybe I'll try talking my husband to take a side trip up to Kinderhook, love visiting bookshops.

Wendy said...

Tara:
I'll have to check once I'm at work - but I'm almost positive that Medallion deals with Baker & Taylor. My library deals almost exclusively with B&T and we have a few Medallion titles floating around at the branch libraries. See if you local bookstore also has an account with them (although maybe not if she's dealing primarily with Ingram).

Tara Marie said...

Wendy, she has dealt with them in the past, but that was years ago. I'll ask, thanks.

Leigh Ellwood said...

Is this bookstore a "Booksense" store? If so, don't they work through B&T for distributors? I may be wrong.

Anonymous said...

I called Ingrams sales hotline today and my book, Miracle In The Mist published by Medallion Press, was listed by them. Maybe the bookstore owner should call them again. Medallion does distribute through Ingrams.

Tara Marie said...

Thanks, No, it's not a Booksense, it really is a small indie shop. I will give her a call today and ask her to give Ingrams another try. One of the books I was looking for was older so, maybe Ingram's out of stock and the second book is actually a July release, so maybe they just weren't showing it in stock yet, though usually it will say not available.