My Mom is Mrs. Fullcharge, I have a tendency to get this from her, but hey, I learned at the knee of a master. Before she comes she tells you what she's bringing instead of asking what she can bring, I'm okay with this, she's the best cook I know. Usually she tells everyone else what to bring too, leaving no decision making for the hostess. Sunday she brought homemade biscotti, wine and Canterbury cookies (also homemade).
- "I like how you rearranged the living room, it looks much better than before."
- "This lace tablecloth is beautiful."
- "I love this artichoke dip, I need the recipe."
- "You should have made homemade salad dressing."
- "I don't like your hair that length, you should cut it in a short bob."
Oh, well, not bad, 3 out of 5. I put out olive oil and balsamic vinegar, that made her happy. And, I explained 1. I like my hair longer, because it makes it easier to put up, and 2. I'd like to grow it long enough to donate. That made it okay. My sister on the other hand tells me I should let my gray come in and grow it really long and wear it in a long braid--what the hell am I, an aging hippie? I'm only 42. I told her to let her's grow, if she cuts her's any shorter, she'll be looking like Demi Moore in GI Jane.
Oh, the joys of family--I wouldn't have it any other way.