Monday, March 27

Pulling Teeth and other thoughts...

Well, it's done tooth S has officially been pulled out of Junior's mouth. He was a little trooper, they wouldn't let me go in with him. I got to sit in the waiting room, near tears for 1/2 an hour. I'm thinking he came through the whole thing better than I did.

I knew exactly what it entailed (I had 8 baby teeth pulled when I was 13--they wouldn't fall out on their own) and I was still a worried mess.

He had orange sherbet for breakfast, he was thrilled. Lunch will be a vanilla shake.

He informed me that 1. Laughing gas doesn't make you laugh, and 2. The nurse lied--that numbing stuff doesn't tickle.

Now that we're done pulling teeth, on to other thoughts which consist of Pamela Clare's Sweet Release. I'm about 1/2 through this book, she has a nice writing style, but I'm not fully involved with the book. I'm sure it's because I've been preoccupied and has nothing to do with the book itself.

Dragged everyone to Wal*Mart and B&N yesterday in the hopes of finding Eloisa James' new one, which I know isn't technically out until tomorrow, but gee whiz, I thought someone would have the damned thing on their shelves.

We spent Saturday afternoon wandering around New Paltz, it's a funky little college town. While rummaging through an antique shop, I found a very cool vintage Lucite pocket book and a great pair of retro 1950's sunglasses that I want to go back for this week. It's funny we hit New Paltz and Woodstock every few months and New Paltz is much more interesting a town to visit, it's actually what I expect to find in Woodstock and don't. Woodstock doesn't have that bohemian feel that one might expect.

Got to go, we've got some errands to run.

Have a good one and happy reading.

Tara

7 comments:

Suisan said...

But wait, wasn't the Summer of Love concert actually not IN Woodstock? Thought I heard that the field was over the city line...

Tara Marie said...

"The Summer of Love" concert was actually in Bethel, neither of which could ever be considered a "city", Woodstock doesn't have a traffic light and I don't think I've ever been to Bethel. The concert was originally planned for Woodstock, but when it fell through it was moved to Yasgur's Farm in Bethel, which is about 50+/- miles away.

My husband was 10 and staying at his grandfather's house in Bovina Center, a town so small if you blink you'll literally miss it, and he could hear the concert from the front porch, they got stuck on the Thruway when they closed the highway.

Woodstock is now an "arts" community.

Aren't you glad I shared all this useless info--LOL.

Kristie (J) said...

Glad to here you both survived the tooth pull. Way back when my youngest one was a wee thing, he was walking around a table (just having learned too and couldn't yet walk on his own) he fell and one of his baby teeth was pushed straight forward. Well, I freaked, we went to Emergency and I had to sit with him on my lap while they pushed it back. He was fine - didn't raise the least little fuss - but I was a wreck I tell you, so I really sympathize with going through what you did!

sybil said...

LOL when I had my two wisdom teeth removed I made my mommy go with me - in the room.

That would be uh, two years ago?

hee I liked SR and it is prolly my second fave. But Ride the Fire blows it away. I think ;).

Tara Marie said...

Kristie--it's much more traumatic for us.

Sybil--There's nothing wrong with wanting Mommy with you--LOL.

Ride the Fire is on my wish list, but I think I'm going to have to breakdown and buy a new copy.

Kristie (J) said...

What? You haven't read Ride the Fire yet? The simmerings are starting to rumble here. I think that one might be my new book to um *promote*.

CindyS said...

I'm glad that they finally pulled the tooth! You have probably had too much on your mind and being near tears for 1/2 hr is never good.

You're a great mom! I don't think my mother every really worried about what happened to us in that dental chair ;)

CindyS